Monday, December 04, 2006

sufjan stevens

oh such a very long song name.

The Black Hawk War, or, How to Demolish an Entire Civilization and Still Feel Good About Yourself in the Morning, or, We Apologize for the Inconvenience but You're Going to Have to Leave Now, or, "I Have Fought the Big Knives and Will Continue to Fight Them Until They Are Off Our Lands!"

i could write a story about that song name. i think maybe i will, too.
and what a great picture. hello! i want to wear big old kite-bird wings and play banjo in front of a crowd of people that paid to have me dress up like that for them. i want.

Picture courtesy of Joe Lencioni, shiftingpixel.com

4 comments:

Kristen said...

sweet. no, seriously.

editorgirl said...

I would pay money to see you wearing big old kite-bird wings and playing banjo. Lots of money.

Joe said...

I'm glad you like my photo of Sufjan Stevens, thanks for using it.

I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but I released that photo under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. So it is cool that you use it as long as you follow give attribution on your site.

Here's the original: http://shiftingpixel.com/2006/10/30/sufjan-stevens-playing-banjo/

Attribution requirements: http://shiftingpixel.com/attribution-requirements/

Please let me know what you think. Take care.

oh! resolution said...

No problem, Joe. Posting attribution now.