Sunday, February 18, 2007

t. once asked me what it was doing on my bookshelf. how could i live with myself, knowing that it was there--and had i even read it, besides? (a little over half, i admitted.)

well, now there are two copies. different editions, of course, which makes it tolerable and probably even more disgusting in his opinion.

joyce.

he gets his own line.

ulysses.

also gets its own line.

we are now in the thick of things, three chapters in, but this time i am prepared. i've got my annotated accompanying book, a second on loan from school, and a sheaf of related photocopied material, courtesy of the old w.f.--who is of course himself the main resource for understanding the beast. we'll see if i manage to get through the beast this time; on a schedule; as part of a course; abusing the semicolon; of course, of course; a nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse.

and my current favorite line from the behemoth?

"your post-prandial. do you know that word? post-prandial."

i love it. absolutely love it.

that is my reply to you t. hope you read this (i'll put in a request to the man so you can drop by my blog.)

No comments: